httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Walls <...@k6ccc.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.4 named virtual hosts question
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 02:23:41 GMT
On 9/11/2016 19:00, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
> Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The first one will always be a default. You can make a dedicated one for it.
> Thank you.  I appreciate your timely reply, however I think that maybe
> you didn't quite get my point and/or my question.
>
> I simply do not want there to exist a default vhost, period.
>
> Isn't there any magic directive like "SetDefaultVhost none" or some
> such thing like that?

Not that I've ever heard of.  Keep in mind that the only time someone
should get to the default is if they point to the IP rather than a
domain, or there is a DNS problem somewhere that is pointing some other
domain to your IP address.  You could just have a simple page that
advises that there was an error.

--
73