httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.12+ on Windows x64 stops responding to requests
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 17:07:53 GMT
On 08/09/2016 07:22 AM, Paul Spangler wrote:
> Though in our case, we only needed to use
>
> AcceptFilter http connect
> AcceptFilter https connect
>
> rather than turning it off completely using "none". Setting it to
> connect allows the server to recycle sockets.
>
> I'll see if I can't look back into it and try to find a reproduction
> case again that I can narrow down.

Thanks Paul!

At this point, my primary suspect is our use of recycled OVERLAPPED
structs without reinitializing them to zero. To make matters worse,
we're setting the OVERLAPPED's internal .Pointer field in the
AcceptFilter 'data' case -- which we're not supposed to be doing to
begin with [1]. We don't do that in the 'connect' filter.

This is all just theorycrafting, though. I'll try to reproduce on my end
too.

--Jacob

[1]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684342(v=vs.85).aspx