httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Amit Agrawal88" <amita...@in.ibm.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 403 Forbidden for git repository over http
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:21:11 GMT

Hi All,
I am trying to setup a central Git server which can be accessed over HTTP
protocol.
I have installed Bitnami WAMP stack with Apache 2.4 version.  The Git
repository is located in C:\Git\Repos.
In httpd.conf file, I have changed the Document Root folder to C:\Git\Repos

   DocumentRoot "C:\Git\Repos"
   <Directory "C:\Git\Repos">
       Options All
       AllowOverride All
       Require all granted
   </Directory>

There are not .httpaccess file in C:\Git\Repos so 'AllowOverride All' has
no effect, I could have kept it None as well. To begin with, I am just
trying to serve git repository over http and hence I have allowed access to
everybody.
The Env variable for Git has been set and all GET request ending with /git/
is redirected to git-http-backend.

   SetEnv GIT_PROJECT_ROOT "C:\Git\Repos"
   SetEnv GIT_HTTP_EXPORT_ALL
   ScriptAlias /git/ "C:/Program
   Files/Git/mingw64/libexec/git-core/git-http-backend/"

However, I get 403 Forbidden error when I try to clone the repository like
this
   C:\test>git clone http://localhost:80/git/Projects/example
   Cloning into 'example'...
   fatal: unable to access 'http://localhost:80/git/Projects/example/': The
   requested URL returned error: 403

. Following is the error in access log
   ::1 - - [22/Aug/2016:16:44:54 +0530] "GET /git/ HTTP/1.1" 403 213

Error in Error Log
   [client ::1:64266] AH01630: client denied by server configuration:
   C:/Program Files/Git/mingw64/libexec/git-core/git-http-backend

So it looks like git-http-backend is not allowing this access. As per the
documentation, it concatenates environment variables PATH_INFO with
GIT_PROJECT_ROOT which seems be correctly set. I also tried "AcceptPathInfo
On" but that didn't help.

I have been reading and trying lots of things  like the ones mentioned
below including searching this forum to any solution to this but still in
vain.
   https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Manual_install_on_Windows_7_with_Apache_and_MySQL#Step_4:_Configure_Apache_and_PHP
   https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-http-backend.html
   http://www.parallelsymmetry.com/howto/git.jsp

I have tried to give location access to /git/ path but that didn't help
   <LocationMatch "^/git/">
           AuthType Basic
           AuthName "Git Access"
           Require all granted
   </LocationMatch>
Also for all fetch requests

   <LocationMatch "^/git/.*/git-receive-pack$">
           AuthType Basic
           AuthName "Git Access"
           Require group committers
   </LocationMatch>

I also given Read/write access to C:\Git\Repos to ALL users in the system.
I am using Windows Server 2012 R2.

I have a feeling that either some of the above configuration is wrong OR
git-http-backend is expecting something which I have not set.

I have been trying to setup the access for last few days and above are just
few of things that I tried. Kindly help.

Please don't remove this post as I searched the forum already and didn't
come across any similar post with solution.

Regards,
Amit
   (See attached file: httpd.conf)