httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mohanavelu Subramanian <mhnv...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Disable apache web server not to accept any new requests from clients
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 05:07:02 GMT
Hi All,

In our project, we are using Apache server as load balancer(mod_proxy) with
many instances of tomcat containers as backend.

I have a scenario where we need to have an option for Activate/De-activate
traffic in apache server. In case of de-activate scenario, apache server
should not accept any new requests from clients, but all the already
received requests from clients have to be successfully processed by tomcat
and return the response.

I did a study on how to achieve this use-case through graceful stop option
in apache web server.
But now the requirement is, apache server should be in running state but it
should not accept any new requests from clients and it should process only
already accepted requests. I searched in apache portal on how to achieve
this. but I didnt get any details from there. Could you please help me on
how to achieve this use-case. Is there any configuration option in apache
to achieve this and some graceful restart.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,
Mohan