httpd-users mailing list archives

From <JunkYardMa...@Frontier.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ErrorLog Module Option Request
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 22:40:07 GMT
Since the RewriteLog and RewriteLogLevel directives have been eliminated I
would like to propose an optional module parameter be added to the ErrorLog
directive to specify a specific module.  Similar to the LogLevel directive.

   Current Syntax: ErrorLog file-path|syslog[:facility]
Proposed Syntax: ErrorLog [module:]file-path|syslog[:facility]

So maybe could do something like this:
ErrorLog rewrite:"logs/rewrite_log"
LogLevel rewrite:trace1

Need rewrite logging for normal operation, but don't want it cluttering the
error logs.
Rewrites are a part of normal operation, not errors.  Using the error logs
creates clutter making it more difficult to work with the error logs.

The following statement in the ErrorLog Directive documentation gave me hope
that specifying a module:file-path instead of syslog:facility would work.
But it did not.
"ErrorLog syslog:user"
"Additional modules can provide their own ErrorLog providers. The syntax is
similar to the syslog example above."

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#errorlog
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#loglevel

Thanks for your time and attention.  Hope a solution for keeping the rewrite
logging isolated from the error logging can be provided.