httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Peters" <mpet...@domblogger.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] MPM issue
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 02:23:18 GMT
On 07/21/2016 03:01 AM, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> Apache 2.4.23
>
> When I load the Apache mod_mpm_prefork.so module, the php pecl
> ImageMagick extension loads. However, php progress meter doesn't work
> because the client can't make any requests until the upload is finished,
> so it can't get the progress of the upload.
>
> When I instead load the Apache mod_mpm_worker.so module, I can then use
> the upload progress facilities of php - but then the ImageMagick pecl
> module no longer is available.
>
> I can't have one or the other, I need both.
>
> What is the correct apache mpm module to use and/or configuration that
> won't prevent the client from making requests while an upload is in
> progress and also won't interfere with the loading of the ImageMagick
> pecl extension?

Just replying to say I solved it -

The problem was this particular pecl module was only built for
non-threaded PHP, building a zts version of module solved it.

Using apache with mod_mpm_event.so is what I am now doing as that
appears to be the best option for apache 2.4.x as long as php and all
modules are built for threading.