httpd-users mailing list archives

From Red-Tail Books <i...@redtailbooks.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Strange access.log entry...
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 22:51:27 GMT
Wow Ken, Thanks for the thorough research. I just did a whois and
figured it wasn't an attack.

But being a complete rookie (no experience with linux or servers prior
to creating a droplet on DO 2 weeks ago)
I was curious to not see any request prefix (GET|POST|CONNECT...etc...)
and then I saw that the request was successful (status 200) instead of a
404. And what 11k of data did my server send in response...

In 13 days of logs this IP has only hit my server once and this is the
only time I've seen such a request... So no issue with their legitimate
research...

Thanks for tracking this down and please keep me in the loop if you hear
back from them again.
dave

--
Red-Tail Books