httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roger Paanini <rogerpaan...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Issue with LDAPVerifyServerCert: On
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 18:06:07 GMT
Hi Folks,

I am having a problem connecting with LDAP when I turn on
LDAPVerifyServerCert. With this parameter turned off everything is working
fine.

I took tcpdump for both the scenarios. The only difference is in the list
of Distinquished Names that my LDAP server sends as part of the
"Certificate Request".

With LDAPVerifyServerCertificate turned on, I get a bunch of DNs in
Certificate Request. With it turned off, I get none.

In either case, the client (httpd) is getting the server certificate and
validating it.

Does anyone have any explanation for this behavior? I do not see any
downside to LDAPVerifyServerCert being turned off.

Any insights and comments?

Thanks!