httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kev <s7g2...@yahoo.co.uk.INVALID>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.12+ on Windows x64 stops responding to requests
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 17:46:39 GMT
Hi Arthur
We have experienced similar problems in the past.

Check this site as the solution might work for you:http://superuser.com/questions/516030/apache-2-4-on-windows-responds-slowly-hangs-when-serving-some-dynamic-pages
RegardsKev

    On Monday, 25 July 2016, 17:34, Arthur Ramsey <arthur_ramsey@mediture.com> wrote:

  I'm using the x64 build.

 On 07/25/2016 11:33 AM, Yehuda Katz wrote:

 Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit build?
 I had a similar problem with the 64-bit build and when I switch to the 32-bit build, it worked
fine. - Y
 On Jul 25, 2016 11:54 AM, "Arthur Ramsey" <arthur_ramsey@mediture.com> wrote:

Hello,

 I'm using Apache as a proxy to AJP, HTTP and HTTPS services.  I have an issue with Apache
2.4.12+ on Windows Server 2008 R2 where it occasionally stops responding to requests (can't
open socket) unless they originate from the loopback adapter, which is resolved by restarting
the Apache service.  I can see it still listening on 0.0.0.0:443 and I've got the Windows
firewall disabled.  I searched the bug tracker and mailing list, but didn't find anyone with
a similar issue.  I've got a decent amount of experience with Apache 2.2 on Windows and never
saw an issue like this.  I see nothing in the error log when this happens.  I cannot provide
a core dump because it may contain sensitive data.  If I knew how I would provide a thread
dump.

 I've tried reproducing the issue with various load tests and cannot.

 I'm using the Apache Lounge VC14 build.  Would I be better off reporting this to them?
I needed some 2.4 features, so I used 2.4.12, which was the latest at the time.  I tried
upgrading to 2.4.20 and I'm seeing the same problem.  I also enabled HTTP/2 when I upgraded
to 2.4.20 because I hoped it was an APR issue and because HTTP/2 is nice to have.

 Thanks,
 Arthur

 This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED
HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information
is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify
the sender  immediately, and notify the Mediture Privacy Officer at privacyofficer@mediture.com.

Arthur Ramsey
System Administrator
Mediture