httpd-users mailing list archives

From "linux.il" <linux...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is there a way to return non-200 status when HHVM backend is down?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 04:43:57 GMT
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Yehuda Katz <yehuda@ymkatz.net> wrote:

> If you use mod_rewrite instead of ProxyPass, you can specify it should
> only proxy for files that don't exist. This is an example from the
> documentation:
>
> RewriteCond "%{REQUEST_FILENAME}" !-f
> RewriteCond "%{REQUEST_FILENAME}" !-d
> RewriteRule "^/(.*)" "http://old.example.com/$1" [P]
>
> - Y
>
> Sent from a device with a very small keyboard and hyperactive autocorrect.
> On Jun 8, 2016 4:13 AM, "linux.il" <linux.il@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm running Apache 2.4 with HHVM backend (.php processing is going to
>> HHVM on :9000 with
>> ProxyPassMatch directive).
>> From time to time HHVM  service is freezing, so PHP stuff return 503, but
>> static pages work as usual. I'd like Apache to return 503 or any non-200
>> status for static pages  in this situation. How this can be done?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Vitaly

Yehuda,
thank you, but I'm not sure I understand how it will help.
My goal is to return 503 status to *all* http requests when HHVM is down.
(why? - I'm using Incapsula loadbalancing; and Incapsula is using live
traffic for decide if server up/down. So my server stays "up" in Incasula
when HHVM down)