httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Philip Baker <darryl.ba...@northwestern.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] ReddirectMatch and spaces
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 14:32:51 GMT
I have been requested to redirect a set of URLs that contain spaces to alternate URLs. I know
that URLs with spaces are a "really bad idea (tm)" but the person who sent these out didn't
think of asking me first.  I have come up with patterns that work using RewriteRule but only
for Chrome and Firefox. IE returns a 404 in some cases. That is likely a bug in IE and how
it parses and passes spaces on but I can't ignore IE and declare victory. I thought it might
be better if I use RedirectMatch instead of a RewriteRule but I cannot come up with a pattern
that matches a space. For most of the things I have tried I get back an error about the number
of arguments.

Darryl Baker
Sr. System Administrator
Distributed Application Platform Services (DAPS)
Project Management Office and Enabling Technologies (PMOET)
Northwestern | Information Technology (Formerly NUIT)
1800 Sherman Ave., Suite 600
Evanston, IL  60201-3715
(847) 467-6674
www.it.northwestern.edu