httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Balcos, Michael" <Michael.Bal...@CenturyLink.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SVN checkout of latest official Apache release
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 00:54:22 GMT
Hi Mike,

Thank you for the reply. I believe that I'll have to write a script in order to know what
is the latest official release of Apache 2.2 under https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags
, and then do a svn checkout on the said release. I need to automatically get the latest official
release of Apache 2.2 (and 2.4). I will proceed to write the script with the information you've
given. Thanks again. :)

From: Mike Rumph [mailto:mike.rumph@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 9:30 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] SVN checkout of latest official Apache release

On 6/7/2016 1:45 AM, Balcos, Michael wrote:
I apologize if this question has been asked before. I am unable to dig the information through
my favorite search engine. Is it possible for me to svn checkout the latest official Apache
release from the command line? I do a "svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/httpd/branchwa/2.2.x"
and I get a development release of the 2.2 branch. I'd like to checkout the latest official
release whenever I do a checkout. I want to do this for the 2.2 and 2.4 branches.

Hello Michael,

The general checkout information for the Apache HTTP Server project is at http://httpd.apache.org/dev/devnotes.html
.
You can see the full SVN directory structure with http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/ .
So the one you meant for the development branch of 2.2.x is "svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x<https://svn.apache.org/repos/httpd/branchwa/2.2.x>"
.
To checkout the latest official release of 2.2 which is 2.2.31 use "svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags/2.2.31<https://svn.apache.org/repos/httpd/branchwa/2.2.x>"
.
To checkout latest official 2.4 release use  "svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags/2.4.20"
.

Thanks,

Mike
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged
information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by
reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.