httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Houser, Rick" <rick.hou...@jackson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache Virtualhost Crashing in OpenBSD
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 13:21:10 GMT
Have you tried php-fpm?  That lets you isolate the php code from the apache process and avoid
all the thread compatibility issues, memory leaks, etc. from php, yet still run moderm mpms
like worker or event.

Rick Houser
Web Administration

From: James Duffy [mailto:eastcork75@ymail.com.INVALID]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 07:47
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache Virtualhost Crashing in OpenBSD

Hi there,

I am running the latest OpenBSD v5.9 and the official Apache package has a problem where all
defined virtualhosts crash after a short period of time -  normally when the server comes
under load. So I compiled the latest version 2.4.20 and this still does the same. I have changed
very little of the default config. I am running php if this makes any difference though I
assume it is still an Apache bug if php can crash it like this. Once the virtualhost has crashed
all requests default to the htdocs folder.

My virtualhost config looks like this - though as it works for a while I don't see this being
a config error as such.

<VirtualHost 10.254.254.254:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster@test.blah.net<mailto:webmaster@test.blah.net>
DocumentRoot /var/www/www_test
ServerName test.blah.net
ErrorLog logs/www_test-error_log
CustomLog logs/www_test-access_log common
<Directory />
Order Deny,Allow
Require all granted
Deny from all