httpd-users mailing list archives

From o haya <oh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject [users@httpd] AuthBasicFake not working (or not doing anything)?
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 20:42:13 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use the AuthBasicFake directive in Apache 2.4.20:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_auth_basic.html#authbasicfake

My understanding is that when that directive is processed, it will send an Authorization header
to the backend server.

However, I have tried examples like those shown in the above page, and it doesn't look like
the AuthBasicFake is doing anything.  I don't see any "Authorization" header being sent to
the backend server at all.

Is there something additional (e.g., maybe some pre-condition or something), besides just
using that directive by itself, that needs to be done to make AuthBasicFake send that "Authorization"
header?

Here's an example of what I have in Apache:

<Location "/foo1">
AuthBasicFake xxxx
ProxyPass http://10.0.2.5/foo1
</Location>