httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Philip Baker <darryl.ba...@northwestern.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Rookie Question on Define and Testing the value
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 19:32:23 GMT
I'm trying to do some conditional configuration settings. I know that I can use "Define variable
value" to set up a variable. I know that "<IfDefine [!}variable>" can be used to test
to see if a variable is set or not. I looked at "<If expression>" as a possibility but
since what I am setting are really configuration change and "If" is a runtime directive. Using
"If" is going to add runtime overhead for something that will not change for the life of the
daemon. Is there initialization directive to use to see if a variable set using "Define" matches
a particular value and what is that directive if it exists?

If it matters this is RHEL7 and the supplied Apache 2.4.

Darryl Baker
Sr. System Administrator
Distributed Application Platform Services (DAPS)
Project Management Office and Enabling Technologies (PMOET)
Northwestern | Information Technology (Formerly NUIT)
1800 Sherman Ave., Suite 600
Evanston, IL  60201-3715
(847) 467-6674
www.it.northwestern.edu