httpd-users mailing list archives

From Weare Borg <kernelfr...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Certificate installation for https causing redirection.
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 14:54:12 GMT
Hello friends,

Sorry for pushing the question to both Tomcat and Apache, as changes seem
to be required in both Apache and Tomcat, so I did that.

We have one test server with Debian X64 which has one web-project running
in Apache and few webapps running with Apache Tomcat. The Apache web-server
runs mod_proxy and redirecting requests to Tomcat whenever the URL is
correct.

For adding security, I created certificates with LetsEncrypt
<https://letsencrypt.org/> and installed them. Unfortunately, for one of
the webapp which I installed the certificate, it is not opening anymore,
and whenever I try to open that webapp in browser, it redirects to the
web-project running in Apache web server. What am I doing wrong?

Please note, I was provided with .pem files, and had to convert them to .crt
and .key. Unfortunately there are no errors in logs as well. Right now, I
cannot reach the tomcat webapp which I would like with https.

Here is the configuration :

sites-enabled/000-default :

> <VirtualHost *:80>
>         ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
>         ServerName www.apache_domain.com
>         ServerAlias apache_domain.com
>         DocumentRoot /var/www
>         <Directory />
>                 Options FollowSymLinks
>                 AllowOverride None
>         </Directory>
>         <Directory /var/www/>
>                 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>                 AllowOverride All
>                  Order allow,deny
>                 allow from all
>         </Directory>
>
>         ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
>         <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
>                 AllowOverride None
>                 Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
>                 Order allow,deny
>                 Allow from all
>         </Directory>
>
>         ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
>
>         # Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit,
>         # alert, emerg.
>         LogLevel warn
>         CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined</VirtualHost>
> Listen 443<VirtualHost *:443>ServerName www.tomcat_domain.deServerAlias tomcat_domain.deSSLEngine
onSSLCertificateFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.tomcat_domain.de/tool.crtSSLCertificateKeyFile
/etc/letsencrypt/live/www.tomcat_domain.de/private.keyProxyRequests offProxyPreserveHost On<Proxy
*>Order deny,allowAllow from all</Proxy>#ProxyPass /maintenance.html !#ProxyPass
/ http://localhost:8080/#ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
> <Location / >Order allow,denyAllow from all</Location></VirtualHost>

Tomcat server.xml :

> <Connector port="8080" proxyPort="80" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
compression="force" compressionMinSiz$
>                connectionTimeout="20000"  maxPostSize="5242880"
>                URIEncoding="utf-8"
>  compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/ javascript,application/x-javascript,application/javascript"/>
>

>  <Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"  maxPostSize="5242880"
SSLEnabled="true" maxThreads=$