httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_fcgi connection reuse with PHP-FPM and UDS
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 14:25:02 GMT
On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Matthias Leopold
<matthias@leopold.priv.at> wrote:
> I'd like to use it with a unix domain socket, the "Proxy via Handler"
> example uses the "enablereuse" directive, the "PHP-FPM with UDS" example
> (ProxyPassMatch) says "# UDS does not currently support connection reuse".
> What is true now and when should i use "enablereuse"?

For a long stretch of 2.4.x, reuse was forced off for mod_proxy_fcgi over TCP.
Because it was that way for so long, it is opt-in.

The benefit is some reduced latency in dispatching a request to a FCGI server.

I am not sure why UDS connections aren't pooled/reusable.  Probably
just never implemented.