httpd-users mailing list archives

From Szűcs Roland <szucs.rol...@bookandwalk.hu>
Subject [users@httpd] how can lassfish application server behind Apache and wordpress blog as a subdirectory can work together
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 08:21:24 GMT
Hi expert users,

I am newbie to Apache webserver and as a start I face a complex problem.

I have developed a Java EE 7 app with Glassfish 4.1.1 Application server.
On the other hand I have a wordpress blog. Google pagerank calculations
handle differently the subdomain and the subdirectory. If I put my blog
under my java web app, than the pagerank of blog influences my domain's
pagerank positively. If I use it as a subdomain than there is no positive
impact.

Consequently I have to solve somehow, that if somebody sends a get request
to mydomain.com than the request should be handled by Glassfish but if
mydomain.com/blog than Apache should handle this.

I have read articles how to install Glassfish behind Apache but they showed
me only how to force Apache to make Glassfish handle the request of
mydomain.com/* using jk_mod. (
http://www.lyonlabs.org/howto/howdoi-glassfish.html)

I have read also an other potential solution to use a "Java php interpreter
for glassfish" called Quercus (
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19798-01/821-1760/gjxjf/index.html).

Is there no any "native" Apache solution for my problem. I prefer a
solution that use the apache very flexible and outstanding configuration
features.

Cheers

--
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/roland-sz%C5%B1cs/28/226/24/hu> Szűcs Roland