httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben RUBSON <ben.rub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Restart or Reload after changing MaxClients and ServerLimit
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:08:52 GMT
Reading the doc, seems that ServerLimit is related to MaxRequestWorkers (which has a default
set to 256).

Ben

> Le 24 avr. 2016 à 20:52, Cohen, Laurence <lcohen@novetta.com> a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> While reloading httpd did increase MaxClients to 400 as specified, it did not increase
ServerLimit to 400 as specified.  What is worse is that since ServerLimit remained at 256,
this caused MaxClients to be reduced to 256 since ServerLimit seems to be the hard limit for
MaxClients.

> Even more frustrating is that when I did a service httpd restart, it not only did not
increase ServerLimit to 400, but it threw an error that the attempt to increase ServerLimit
during a restart was ignored.