httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Restart or Reload after changing MaxClients and ServerLimit
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 19:23:12 GMT
Am 25.04.2016 um 20:00 schrieb Cohen, Laurence:
> Hi, I really appreciate your response.  What I'd like to know is, how do
> I look up this information on my own?  I use this mailing list generally
> as a last resort when I can't find the answer myself.  In the case, I
> did a lot of research before I asked my question, but couldn't get a
> definitive answer.  If you could point me to the documentation that you
> are using I'd greatly appreciate it.

Since you are still using the slightly outdated 2.2, the page

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mpm_common.html

is the official documentation. Looking at for instance

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mpm_common.html#threadlimit

and

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mpm_common.html#serverlimit

there's at least some sort of info about restarts and how the params
relate to each other. But maybe not as easy to grok as it should be.

Regards,

Rainer