httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bjoern Voigt <bjoe...@arcor.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache proxy keeps cache directory empty
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 21:02:18 GMT
Since some years I run a local Apache proxy cache for localhost and the
192.168.1.0/24 network. My proxy cache directory /var/cache/apache-proxy
is cleaned by a htcacheclean weekly cron job.

In the meantime Apache stopped writing files in my cache directory
/var/cache/apache-proxy. The proxy function still works.

I doubt, that an Apache update with configuration directive changes may
have caused the problem. But I don't know after which event Apache
stopped caching.

Here is my Apache proxy configuration. I verified, that the modules
mod_proxy and mod_cache_disk are loaded, e.g. by making temporary syntax
errors between the "IfModule" directives and "apachectl configtest".
- Apache 2.4.20
- /etc/apache2/conf.d/proxy.conf:
<IfModule
mod_proxy.c>

        ProxyRequests On
        ProxyVia On
        AllowCONNECT 443

        <Proxy *>
          Require ip 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1
        </Proxy>
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_cache.c>
<IfModule mod_cache_disk.c>
        CacheRoot /var/cache/apache-proxy
        CacheEnable disk /
        CacheDirLevels 2
        CacheDirLength 2
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

How can I debug the problem?
(Btw. "strace" shows, that the cache configuration directory
/var/cache/apache-proxy is never touched by Apache.)

Greetings,
Björn