httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Get UID/GID from a username string
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:59:53 GMT
Am 15.04.2016 um 18:35 schrieb Eric Covener:
> Well, it is one option to extend mod_rewrite. What I meant
> specifically was that any module can implement a rewritemap internal
> function.

Yes, the feature seems to be a bit too specific for general
implementation in mod_rewrite.

Ben: have a look at how mod_rewrite accesses its own
ap_register_rewrite_mapfunc via

map_pfn_register = APR_RETRIEVE_OPTIONAL_FN(ap_register_rewrite_mapfunc);

Any module can access the function using this construct. And then
mod_rewrite registers builtin rewrite map functions e.g. like

map_pfn_register("escape", rewrite_mapfunc_escape);

Your own module can also register your own functions like myuid and mygid:

map_pfn_register("escape", my_mapfunc_uid);

Then you can configure a RewriteMap to use these functions and they will
call directly the my_mapfunc_uid function in your module to get the uid
without the need of an external process with locking etc.

In short: the list of builtin functions for RewriteMap is extensible and
can be extended by 3rd-arty modules using the above method.

If uid and gid alone isn't powerful enough, you can code whatever logic
you need in your map function and register it with a name that is
reasonable for you and doesn't clash with what's already there in
mod_rewrite.

Regards,

Rainer