httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Self-compiled httpd and OpenSSL: Trying to start httpd without using LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 15:30:32 GMT
Am 08.04.2016 um 10:41 schrieb Rainer Canavan:
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 12:31 AM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Poggenpohl, Daniel
>> <daniel.poggenpohl@fernuni-hagen.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> LDFLAGS="-L$OPENSSLDIR/lib -R $OPENSSLDIR/lib"
>>
>> I don't know which compiler you are using, but gcc's -R is not working
>> correctly (on Linux at least), whereas "-Wl,-rpath,$OPENSSLDIR/lib"
>> is...
>
> -R used to work for us on Solaris with gcc to compile/link/run our own
> httpd / php / curl / openssl stack. However, I'm not sure which linker we
> used to use. If ldd claims it's picking up the correct libraries, I'd assume
> it should work at runtime as well.  In case there's any doubt, lsof may show
> which libraries are actually used.

... and you can check the result of the "-R" or "-Wl,-rpath" compilation
using "elfdump":

   elfdump -d /path/to/modules/mod_ssl.so

will show you exactly, what NEEDED library names the linker has put into
mod_ssl.so and also the RPATH and RUNPATH setting it has written to that
shared object.

You can use that command on any shared object or binary (PHP libs etc.).
I typically use it on Solaris Sparc, but I expect it to work as-is on
Solaris x86. On Linux the info is available via "objdump -p".

Regards,

Rainer