httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthias Leopold <matth...@leopold.priv.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_fcgi connection reuse with PHP-FPM and UDS
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 15:27:59 GMT

Am 2016-04-07 um 16:25 schrieb Eric Covener:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Matthias Leopold
> <matthias@leopold.priv.at> wrote:
>> I'd like to use it with a unix domain socket, the "Proxy via Handler"
>> example uses the "enablereuse" directive, the "PHP-FPM with UDS" example
>> (ProxyPassMatch) says "# UDS does not currently support connection reuse".
>> What is true now and when should i use "enablereuse"?
>
> For a long stretch of 2.4.x, reuse was forced off for mod_proxy_fcgi over TCP.
> Because it was that way for so long, it is opt-in.
>
> The benefit is some reduced latency in dispatching a request to a FCGI server.
>
> I am not sure why UDS connections aren't pooled/reusable.  Probably
> just never implemented.

Thank you very much for answering :-)

According to your own changelog entry "enablereuse=on" does have an
effect on UDS backends. My own benchmarks didn't show any difference though.

   *) mod_proxy_fcgi: Enable UDS backends configured with
SetHandler/RewriteRule
      to opt-in to connection reuse and other Proxy options via explicitly
      declared "proxy workers" (<Proxy unix:... enablereuse=on max=...)
      [Eric Covener]