httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marat Khalili <...@rqc.ru>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache with mod_rewrite and mod_proxy doesn't work / P Flag
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 13:24:47 GMT
OOPS, sorry, posted too fast. According to logs RewriteRule does not
perform internal redirect. You might try ProxyPass instead.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili

On 05/04/16 16:17, Marat Khalili wrote:
> You also need ProxyPassReverse in order to rewrite header URLs from
> the backend, and probably ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain and
> ProxyPassReverseCookiePath too.
>
> --
>
> With Best Regards,
> Marat Khalili
>
> On 05/04/16 14:01, Rael wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm in the process to use Apache as a reverse proxy with mod_rewrite to have nicer
URLs for an APEX-application.

>> The user shouldn't never see the actual URLs from app1.example.com:8888/apex...,
that's why I use mod_proxy too.

>> Alas, it doesn't work.
>>

>> Current settings in default vhost:
>>
>>      <Directory /var/www/html>
>>        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>>        AllowOverride All
>>        Order allow,deny
>>        allow from all
>>
>>        ### Rewrite Rules ###
>>
>>        RewriteEngine On
>>        LogLevel alert rewrite:trace6
>>
>>        RewriteRule ^$http://app1.example.com:8888/apex/f?p=111:3
>>
>>        #####################
>>      </Directory>
>>
>> For example with "RewriteRule ^$http://app1.example.com:8888/apex/f?p=111:3" the
user gets a http redirection from e.g.http://localhost  tohttp://app1.example.com:8888/apex/f?p=111:3
 and then he also sees this last URL in his browser, which I don't want.

>> Infos from the log when I sent a request with the previous rewrite rule:
>>
>>      [perdir /var/www/html/] strip per-dir prefix: /var/www/html/ ->
>>      [perdir /var/www/html/] applying pattern '^$' to uri ''
>>      [perdir /var/www/html/] rewrite '' -> 'http://app1.example.com:8888
>>        /apex/f?p=111:3'
>>      split uri=http://app1.example.com:8888/apex/f?p=111:3  ->
>>        uri=http://app1.example.com:8888/apex/f, args=p=111:3
>>      [perdir /var/www/html/] implicitly forcing redirect (rc=302) with
>>        http://app1.example.com:8888/apex/f
>>      [perdir /var/www/html/] escapinghttp://app1.example.com:8888
>>        /apex/f?p=111:3 for redirect
>>      [perdir /var/www/html/] escaping p=111:3 to query string for redirect
>>        p=111:3
>>      [perdir /var/www/html/] redirect tohttp://app1.example.com:8888
>>        /apex/f?p=111:3 [REDIRECT/302]
>>
>> Adding the flag [P] to the RewriteRule, as far as I see it, should bring the desired
behavior, but doesn't. I just get the index page from apache.