httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Poggenpohl, Daniel" <daniel.poggenp...@fernuni-hagen.de>
Subject [users@httpd] How to test my self-compiled Apache (overall and specifically LDAP)
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 16:11:18 GMT
Hello everyone,

now that I have a self-compiled httpd, I of course would like to test its features, or rather
if all features are working right when it is running. Is there a way to test my build in general?

One specific thing that I want to test is LDAP. I know that a combination of system LDAP and
system SSL works in my case, but I also know that when I use a self-compiled LDAP, something
isn't working right. I can do an ldapsearch on the command line, I can build a PHP file and
use the PHP cli and it works, but when I make requests over http that end in the use of LDAP
functions, something's not right. So how do I test my httpd LDAP functionality isolated?

My httpd build has --enable-authnz-ldap, --with-ldap, --with-ldap-include and --with-ldap-lib
configured. I also don't really know
- if I even need the authnz plugin (doing no basic authentication if I'm right)
- what possible values the --with-ldap switch can get and what it does (I know it is for apr)
- why the --with-ldap switch doesn't work like other switches (e.g. --with-ssl=/path/to/ssl)
- if I even need ldap support in apache if I only use ldap in php scripts

Any pointers?

Regards,
Daniel Poggenpohl