httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Philip Baker <darryl.ba...@northwestern.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Server replication
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2016 19:09:01 GMT
I the system administrator for HTTP servers in a higher volume environment. We have three Linux
hosts serving the many virtual hosts that make up our sites. The only HTTPD configuration
difference between the three servers is the local machine's host name and IP address. I would
like to have the HTTPD configuration be identical except for one file with the local settings,
then I can just include that file. I would like to avoid having a large "<ifdefine></ifdefine>"
block if possible. I'm sure other people are in the same situation and I would like to find
out what works for you.

When I search for answers I get answers to running multiple sites on a host and multiple instances
of Apache HTTPD on a single host, neither of theses are my problem obviously.

Darryl Baker
Sr. System Administrator
Distributed Application Platform Services (DAPS)
Project Management Office and Enabling Technologies (PMOET)
Northwestern | Information Technology (Formerly NUIT)
1800 Sherman Ave., Suite 600
Evanston, IL  60201-3715
(847) 467-6674
www.it.northwestern.edu