httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] a lot of 502 error with using mod_proxy_http after upgrading tomcat
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:07:14 GMT
Hi!

> httpd log say that "proxy: Error reading from remote server returned by"

This error is usually not httpd's fault, but something wrong thrown by the
proxied host (that can be from TCP connection reset to HTTP
malformed/garbage IIRC).

> I downgraded tomcat to 7.0.39-1, so that these errors disappeared.

My suggestion would be to check
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html for changes between
the two versions that you mentioned to find anything that could have
changed Tomcat's behavior.

> Is there any way or solution to trace this situation?

Did you test tomcat alone after the upgrade? Was it working as expected or
was it just showing weirdness? I would start from there :)

Luca