httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aurélien Terrestris <aterrest...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Questions on getting Remote Address of client via Apache
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 08:35:02 GMT
Hello,

I have something similar but I run Tomcat instead of IBM. We use F5/Apache
2.4/Tomcat , and please note this an Apache that I compile myself.

This is what I do to resolve this problem :
-download mod_rapf-0.6
-download rpaf patch (
http://www.be-root.com/downloads/mod_rpaf/mod_rpaf-2.0.patch ) and apply it
( patch -p0 < mod_rpaf-2.0.patch)
-compile mod_rpaf ( example :   /usr/local/httpd-2.4.12/bin/apxs -i -c -n
mod_rpaf-2.0.so mod_rpaf-2.0.c )

-load and configure the module in httpd.conf :

LoadModule rpaf_module modules/mod_rpaf.so

<IfModule rpaf_module>
  RPAFenable On
  RPAFproxy_ips 127.0.0.1 (and others ip if needed)
  RPAFsethostname On
</IfModule>

-at the tomcat level I need to configure a special logging valve
        <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve" />