httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kenichi MASUDA <masu...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] a lot of 502 error with using mod_proxy_http after upgrading tomcat
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 04:18:04 GMT
Hi,

I posted the tomcat-users mailing list about my situation, so I was
recommended to post httpd-user mailing list,
so that I ask here too (I apologize for posting like multi-post).

Our system is httpd and tomcat, and a client sends a request to httpd which
listens as 80, after that httpd throw it like this to the tomcat which
exists in backend and serves as 8080 port with the rewrite rule though,

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}
!\.(png|jpe?g|gif|css|js|xml|json|jsonp|ico|html?|swf|txt)$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8080/core/$1 [P,L]

these errors were occurred after upgrading tomcat from 7.0.39-1 to 7.0.68-1.

httpd log say that "proxy: Error reading from remote server returned by"

and

a client say that "502 proxy error. The proxy server received an invalid
response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the
request POST /foo/bar"

I downgraded tomcat to 7.0.39-1, so that these errors disappeared.

Is there any way or solution to trace this situation?
Is there anyone know or encounter this error?

--
mailto:masuken@gmail.com