httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Duzsardi" <alexandru.duzsa...@pitechnologies.ro>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite domain to language specific page but no address bar redirection
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 14:27:46 GMT
I tested a bit more , and unfortunately it breaks somewhere
Probably I should have mentioned that the path’s after  ….hostname.com/  are not always
physical paths on the disk , actually I think like 95% are not
For example
lang-fr.hostname.com/user/  , lang-fr.hostname.com/admin , lang-fr.hostname.com/admin/modules

or
hostname.com/fr/user , hostname.com/fr/admin , hostname.com/admin , hostname.com/admin/modules
or
lang-fr.hostname.com/fr/user , lang-fr.hostname.com/fr/admin , lang-fr.hostname.com/fr/admin/modules

And deeper paths are generated by drupal , and there is no index file , just the path

I tried to do this to remove the index.php file from the path , and this works but deeper
paths don’t

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^lang-fr\.hostname\.com$ [NC]
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/fr/.*$
  RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^GET.*index\.php$ [NC]
  RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.php/*(.*)$ /fr/$2 [L]

From: Marat Khalili [mailto:mkh@rqc.ru]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 2:31 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite domain to language specific page but no address bar redirection

It's tricky. Here's a rule set that works for me (but it may depend on Apache version and
configuration):

# fr-lang {
  RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} ^$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/fr$
  RewriteRule ^fr$ http://lang-fr.hostname.com/ [L,R=302]

  RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} ^$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/fr/.*$
  RewriteRule ^fr/(.*)$ http://lang-fr.hostname.com/$1 [L,R=302]

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.lang-fr\.hostname\.com$ [NC]
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://lang-fr.hostname.com/$1 [R=301,L]

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^lang-fr\.hostname\.com$ [NC]
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/fr/.*$
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /fr/$1 [L]

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^lang-fr\.hostname\.com$ [NC]
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [L]
# fr-lang }

Repeat for each language (probably it's possible to make a single rule set for all languages,
but I didn't try it).
--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili