httpd-users mailing list archives

From George Genovezos <George.Genove...@Copart.Com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: throttling IP addresses
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 19:52:51 GMT

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help with a problem I’m having. I need a basic Ddos  mitigation
tool. Basically, either throttling back certain IP addresses or blocking access after too
many connections per second.

I know mod_evasive did this but the project, to my knowledge is deprecated.

So to draw this out, I want a web server to count the number of connection per seconds, and
if an IP breaches this limit to either throttle or block the connection. Then I want to use
mod_proxy to reverse proxy that clean connection to my web servers.

George Genovezos
Application Security Architect
CISSP, ISSAP, CIFI

Copart