httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.4, APR and online prefix
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 21:31:55 GMT
Raf,

On 2/24/16 4:41 AM, Raf Roger wrote:
> Hi
>
> i'm trying to create a LAMP stack that allow user to synchronize LAMP
> stack files and webapps among several computers.
>
> Instead of reinstalling everything identically on each computer, they
> could just synchronize the stack and voila.
>
> for such purpose i need to make each element of the stack independent of
> the OS, so to have it as a "brick"
>
> therefore i would like to know if there is a version of httpd 2.4 usable
> for such purpose. In fact when i'm compiling apache 2.4 it request APR
> and APR-UTIL but those 2 APRs should be delivered with the stacks or are
> they only needed during apache2 compiling ?

Sounds like you are looking for something like Docker/Puppet/Chef (et
al) that can build a whole operating environment for you from the OS up
to whatever else you need (support packages, etc.). Don't reinvent the
wheel: I recommend you go find out what already exists before you do
this on your own.

I think this is a solved problem.

-chris