httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bumbernick, Tom" <tom.bumbern...@hpe.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Help Needed to add Connectiontimeout to ProxyPass
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:11:04 GMT
I don’t know what configuration is at the client site.  We will be discussing tomorrow with
them.

I have tried to look up what this message is attempting to describe.  It’s an informational
message but not sure what it’s telling me.  What would be the potential causes that would
 trigger this message?

[Mon Jan 25 12:37:49.411899 2016] [ssl:info] [pid 9456:tid 2472] (OS 10060)A connection attempt
failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established
connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.  : [client nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:23896]
AH01991: SSL input filter read failed.
I did see where in the * in the Virtual Host definition should be an IP address.  Could this
be my issue?  I am not sure which IP address this should be.

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName server.name.com

Thanks,
Tom

Thomas S. Bumbernick
HPE Enterprise Services - Americas
Transformation Consulting
tom.bumbernick@hpe.com<mailto:tom.bumbernick@hpe.com>
Office  +1 404-648-7580
Mobile +1 717-659-0662
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

[hpe-logo-medium]

[Mon Jan 25 12:37:49.411899 2016] [ssl:info] [pid 9456:tid 2472] (OS 10060)A connection attempt
failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established
connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.  : [client nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:23896]
AH01991: SSL input filter read failed.

​It's informational only and talking about your frontend connection seconds after the response
is complete.​  Do your external users come through via some kind of ssl terminating proxy
and you don't?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com<mailto:covener@gmail.com>