httpd-users mailing list archives

From Josiah Asbill <josiah.asb...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Localhost cannot be accessed when Apache is started
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 02:37:08 GMT
I recently tried starting up my Apache server, as part of a course that I am taking to learn
web development.
The command went through as it should, after asking for my password. But when I opened my
web browser at the http://localhost <http://localhost/> webpage, nothing happened. I
was given an error page saying that the page cannot be opened because the web browser cannot
connect to the server.
I did some preliminary checking and found a command to troubleshoot Apache files. What I got
back had to do with syntax errors in multiple files. Though I did some research, I have found
nothing about this particular problem. Also I could not find a way to reinstall Apache in
such a way that the system would be untouched, but the bad files would be replaced by uncorrupted
ones.
I humbly submit this problem to anyone for their consideration. Perhaps someone else has had
a similar problem; or someone knows a way to bypass the issue.
Thank you very much,
	JDAsbill