httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Spangler <paul.spang...@ni.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.18 on Windows - Expression in AuthName not working
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:40:36 GMT
On 1/22/2016 8:21 AM, Thibault Roche wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am trying to use an expression in the AuthName directive. The doc
> states that it should be working with version > 2.4.13 :
> [https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/en/mod/mod_authn_core.html#authname]
>  From 2.4.13, expression syntax can be used inside the directive to
> produce the name dynamically.

That link to the docs is for the version in trunk (2.5). It would appear
that the change to AuthName to support expressions hasn't been
backported to the 2.4.x branch and so only exists in trunk.

Take a look at the 2.4 docs and the comment about expressions isn't there:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mod_authn_core.html#authname

Regards,
--
Paul Spangler