httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Walls <...@k6ccc.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache stops serving pages
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 03:32:32 GMT
I asked the question below about my Apache server stopping serving
pages.  Since then, the server has continued to stop serving pages
periodically, and is getting more frequent.  A couple days ago,
wondering if there could be something competing for the IP port, I
changed the port from 81 to 8180, and then updated to port forwarding in
the router.  I really had no reason to believe that port 81 was getting
any other activity, but it was an easy test.  This did not make any
difference.  Today I changed the error log level to debug to see if
anything showed up.  Since that time, the server has stopped three more
times.  In each case, I remoted into the server, and again was not able
to access any web pages from a web browser on the server.  As soon as I
restarted Apache, it started working correctly.  Looking at the error
logs, there is absolutely nothing to indicate a problem.  Similarly, the
access log only showed that there was no activity from the time it
stopped serving pages, until I restarted the server, and then normal
activity.

I'm running out of ideas.

Anybody else?

Jim Walls