httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Refiring requests to proxy backend
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 15:23:40 GMT
I'm not a mod_lua expert, esp as it relates to exposing the
full Apache httpd API... it is possible that using r.handler
and specifying the proxy may work.

> On Dec 18, 2015, at 8:05 AM, Jose Thomas <jostho@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Jim,
>
> Sorry, I could not find the documentation on how to do this using mod_lua. Can you please
point me there ?

> In my current setup which is on httpd 2.2 - we use modpython. For routing requests (based
on a header) we use a simple python script. For refiring the request (when a custom response
code is received), another python script is configured in a "PythonOutputFilter". That script
internally uses the python requests library.

> We are upgrading to httpd 2.4 and wanted to see if this code can be ported to mod_lua.
I have already ported the first script (routing) to lua. Where i am clueless, is how to resend
the request to backend for the 2nd script in a "LuaOutputFilter".

> Thanks & regards,
> Jose
>
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> In general, if you prepend the URL w/ 'proxy:' and then
> use it in a subrequest, it will be processed as a proxy
> request.
> > On Dec 17, 2015, at 9:21 AM, Jose Thomas <jostho@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> >
> > I am using httpd 2.4 with mod_proxy (http) routing requests to multiple backends.
> >
> > I have a strange requirement. If a backend responds with a custom response code
- i need to re-execute the request to a different backend.

> > What would be the right way to implement this functionality ?
> >
> > I was looking at mod_lua for a solution. The idea is to use a "LuaOutputFilter"
to check the response code, and then re-execute the request with a different backend. How
can i refire the request ? Should i use a lua httpclient library for this ? Is there a easier
way to do this ?