httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kurtis Rader <kra...@skepticism.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 回覆︰ [users@httpd] 回覆︰ [users@httpd] How to solve ONE fixed IP serving multiple web-servers running on VMs
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 04:16:35 GMT
On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> > your question is overly broad for this mailing list.
> > It is very unlikely someone is going to take the (unpaid)
> > time to evaluate your specific situation and propose a solution.
> This is ONLY a test NOT for commercial application.

Whether or not you're doing this in the hope of commercial profit is
irrelevant. You are still asking an overly broad question. Most people
reading this mailing list will be happy to help you with questions specific
to the Apache HTTPD software. We're not willing to provide consulting for
free.

> > Then you need another system that handles all traffic
> > to/from your single fixed/static IP address on which
> > you can run a "reverse proxy" and forwards traffic to
> > the appropriate VMs on your VirtualBox host.
> Several years ago I did following test;
> One Fixed/Static IP serving multiple mail servers running on VMs.  Each
> mail server has its own domain.  I ran Perdition on a VM.  It worked
> seamlessly.  Emails were delivered to respective servers.  I have posted my
> solution on several forums before.
>
> I doubt whether Perdition can help me out on my current test ?

What is the relevance of the Perdition mail proxy to your current problem?
It seems to me to that you don't understand the difference between the SMTP
and HTTPD protocols. Which is why you should hire someone who has expertise
in these matters.

--
Kurtis Rader