httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Liu <sati...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject [users@httpd] 回覆︰ [users@httpd] How to solve ONE fixed IP serving multiple web-servers running on VMs
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 02:36:26 GMT
Hi James,
Thanks for your advice.
> You need to set up one webserver on the fixed IP as a proxyIf I understand it correctly.
Run a webserver on a VM with the Fixed/Static IP forwarded to it on the router and set up
it as Proxy?
That is what I'm most interested rather than installing Apache on the host and run it as Proxy.
I expect keeping the Host clean for running VirtualBox ONLY.
> (Look up docs for mod_proxy)
Whether following article is relevant for me to follow?
How To Use Apache HTTP Server As Reverse-Proxy Using mod_proxy Extension
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-apache-http-server-as-reverse-proxy-using-mod_proxy-extension
?
Thanks
RegardsSL

    Dr James Smith <js5@sanger.ac.uk> 於 2015年12月28日 (週一) 5:41 AM 寫道﹕

  You need to set up one webserver on the fixed IP as a proxy. (Look up docs for mod_proxy)
and set up appropriate rules to proxy through to your back-end servers...

 On 27/12/2015 18:28, Jim Paniagua wrote:

 I dont even know how VM's work .. sorry no help

 On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 7:11 AM, Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

   Hi all,

 I have following problem:

 Host       Ubuntu 14.04 desktop
 VMs       Ubuntu 14.04 desktop/server edition
 VirtualBox

 I have several web-servers running on VMs, each with its own domain/subdomain and internal
IP address.  But I have only one Fixed IP/External IP.

 All VMs are Apache server running WordPress.  I can create many internal IPs on router.

  Please advise how can I make all web-servers be browsed on Internet
  Thanks in advance.
  Regards satimis

-- The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered
in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose
registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.