httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Temporarily authentication errors with auth_dbd and postgres
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 22:27:07 GMT
> On 02.12.2015 23:05, Nick Kew wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 22:11:20 +0100
>> Klaus Darilion <klaus.mailinglists@pernau.at> wrote:
>>
>>> [ ...]
>>
>> A puzzle indeed.
>>
>>> Although the DB returns the same password-hash as always, and the
>>> browser sends the correct credentials (as in the working scenario),
>>> Apache replies with 401.

Klaus,

You should try Nick's suggestions for debugging (varying the parameters)
first. But just in case: I recall that a handful of memory allocation
bugs in authn_dbd (and related code) were fixed earlier this year.

My experience was with SQLite, not PostgreSQL, but we also saw
nondeterministic authn failures that went away after we cherry-picked
several patches from the latest httpd version. If you have the means to
update versions easily (or if you just get desperate enough), you might
check to see if that fixes your problem.

Good luck,
--Jacob