httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Härtig <Alexander.Haer...@dmc.de>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_cache/mod_cache_disk responses missing Content-Type header
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 17:28:14 GMT
Hello,

for our customer we set up several Apache httpds (Server version: Apache/2.4.16 (Amazon))
in Amazon Web Services EC2 instances across the world. These httpds act mainly as caching
proxies that are connected to a central web application. For caching we use mod_cache_disk.
A couple of days ago one instance served responses with missing Content-Type and Content-Encoding
header, resulting in download dialogs popping up when customer tried to open the page, as
the content was interpreted as application/octet-stream. The downloaded data was the expected
response: a gzip-compressed html-file. We could tell that the data was served from the cache
as we add a custom response header that states if there was a cache-hit or not. So we took
a look at the relevant *.header-file of the cache entry of the page but it didn't have any
abnormalities.
After clearing the cache manually everything went back to normal.

Does this behavior sound familiar to anybody?

Regards,
Alexander

--
Alexander Härtig
software engineer

dmc 030 GmbH
Kohlfurter Strasse 41/43
10999 Berlin (Germany)
Telefon: +49 30 308 3393 - 70
Telefax: +49 30 308 3393 - 93
E-Mail: alexander.haertig@dmc.de
Internet: www.dmc.de<http://www.dmc.de>

Handelsregister: AG Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 129396 B
Geschäftsführer: Daniel Elsässer, Andreas Magg
// the diconium companies:
dmc commerce consultants | dmc digital media center | dmc 030 | ro11 | embitel | CINTEO

stuttgart // berlin // karlsruhe // bangalore // detroit

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie
nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren
Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren
und die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail sind nicht gestattet.

recipient or have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail
is strictly forbidden.