httpd-users mailing list archives

From Raju Rathi <raju.rathi1...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Enabling sticky session mode for Apache/Tomcat load balancing
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 19:24:56 GMT
Hi All ,

I am trying to enable sticky sessions in Apache, however it is not working.
Below are the changes made by me. Can anyone please advice if I am missing
something?

I do not see any error in the access log, however request from one user is
still going to other server. Please let me know if any additional
information is needed to answer/help my query.appreciate quick response on
this ..

*Step 1*: Added below in httpd.conf of load balancer of server1 & server2

<Proxy balancer://marsBalancer>
BalancerMember http://server1fullname:8080  route=server1
BalancerMember http://server2fullname:8080  route=server2
ProxySet lbmethod=bytraffic
ProxySet stickysession=JSESSIONID
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /marsWAR/ balancer://marsBalancer/marsWAR/

*Step 2*: Updated below in server.xml

a) server.xml in server1

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="server1">

b) server.xml in server2

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="server2">