httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect[Match] behind load-balancer switching protocols
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 21:06:34 GMT
All,

The docs for the Redirect directive state that a slash-prefixed
replacement URL (relative) will use the current request's scheme and
hostname to build the redirect URL.

RedirectMatch doesn't say specifically, but what I'm observing is that:

RedirectMatch permanent ^/$ /foo/

... when requesting https://hostname/, I get a redirect to
http://hostname/foo/ <-- note the protocol switch from https to http.

I'm running httpd 2.4.16 on Linux.

This is an httpd instance which is sitting behind a load-balancer, so
httpd isn't terminating SSL itself. The lb is providing the various
X-Forwarded-* headers, and I have this configuration as well:

    SetEnvIf X-Forwarded-Proto "https" HTTPS=On

Is there another environment variable or other setting that I need to
use in order to override httpd's protocol-detection?

Thanks,
-chris