httpd-users mailing list archives

From o haya <oh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject [users@httpd] Getting "connection refused" Apache 2.4
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 19:55:26 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to do some load testing of Apache 2.4 on Redhat.

Configuration displayed when I run "httpd -V" shows:

Server MPM: prefork
threaded: no
forked: yes (variable process count)

I am using Jmeter to test, and when I increase the number of simultaneous threads to >
200, I am seeing increasing number of errors, with a lot of "connection refused" errors, e.g.:

org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://10.0.3.10:80 refused
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:190)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.open(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:294)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.MeasuringConnectionManager$MeasuredConnection.open(MeasuringConnectionManager.java:107)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:643)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:479)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:906)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:805)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.executeRequest(HTTPHC4Impl.java:517)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:331)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:74)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1146)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1135)
	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:434)
	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:261)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method)
	at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:127)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:180)
	... 14 more

I've been trying to re-configure the Apache to avoid these errors, e.g., increasing "MaxClients",
and I've also increased the amount of memory for the machine (to 4GB) but so far, nothing
I have done has improved the situation.

Is there something else that I can do to try to get the Apache so that it can accept the larger
number of connections?

Thanks,
Jim