httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost configuration not working?
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 09:46:11 GMT

vpn (10.8.0.1). Then, from Firefox, I access http://site3.example.com and the URL is magically
converted into https://site3.example.com, and default.example.com is served.

> I have checked in the apache config file for site3 and there is no rewrite section, and
also in the folder for that site there is no .htaccess with any rewrite directive. I have
also created a plain index.html and specifically requested that file, with the same results.

There must be a Redirect[Match] directive somewhere in <VirtualHost
10.8.0.1:80 ...>, no magic redirection in httpd AFAICT...

> If I check the log for site3, I see no requests. On the other hand, I see the requests
I just made as for default.example.com, on port 443 (although I had requested port 80).

Or possibly a browser (extension) or frontend is playing fancy game to
protect your privacy?

Can you see the request coming in on 10.8.0.1:80 (with tcpdump or wireshark)?
There should be at least an access log line for the original
(redirected) request.

Regards,
Yann.