httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kurtis Rader <kra...@skepticism.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Running Apache in Single Process Mode for Docker Container?
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2015 14:29:41 GMT
On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2015-10-24 at 21:11 -0700, Kurtis Rader wrote:
> > I'm going to assume that by "single process" you meant "single user".
>
> If you read the docs, you'll find single process mode
> described ("httpd -X").  It has nothing to do with single
> user.  I regularly run it in single-process mode for debug.

You're probably correct but I don't think of -X as "single process" mode
(and the docs don't refer to it using that term). I think of it as debug
mode and use it regularly. If that's what the OP has in mind I think he's
going about solving his problem the wrong way. And in any event probably
wants -DFOREGROUND and -DNO_DETACH rather than -X.

--
Kurtis Rader