httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Blackman <mark.black...@db.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth_cas confused by POST body split across brigades in input filter.
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 11:34:02 GMT
Classification: Public

Hi,

I'm querying some unexpected behaviour I'm seeing with the mod_auth_cas module under Apache
2.2.

I've got debug messages like the following.

[Thu Oct 01 08:56:44 2015] [debug] mod_auth_cas.c(2769): read 1 bytes (l) from incoming buckets\n
[Thu Oct 01 08:56:44 2015] [debug] mod_auth_cas.c(2769): read 475 bytes (ogoutRequest=%3Csamlp%3ALogoutRequest...)
from incoming buckets\n

Looking at the mod_auth_cas code on github corresponding to these lines

https://github.com/Jasig/mod_auth_cas/blob/master/src/mod_auth_cas.c#L2635

This tells me that cas_in_filter is getting called twice for the same request with the POST
body split across two  calls, first 1 byte, then a second time with 475 bytes.

I'd have expected a single call with 476 bytes, can anyone give me some clues why the filter
is called twice for a single request? Is mod_auth_cas meant to assume the input filter can
be called more than once per request?

Cheers,
Mark

---