httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jan Schaumann <jscha...@netmeister.org>
Subject [users@httpd] apache 2.4 directory autoindex corrupted
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2015 13:14:50 GMT
Hello,

I just upgraded apache 2.2 to apache 2.4.  After the upgrade, my
autoindex directory listings show up as corrupted strings (see
https://www.netmeister.org/t/ for an example).  All other content
serving appears to work fine.

If you happen to know the file/dir names, you can successfully retrieve
them (for example https://www.netmeister.org/t/file.html), so the server
is able to correctly resolve the pathnames, but appears to just not
display them correctly in autoindex mode.

I've looked for any relation to mod_deflate, the various index options,
charset options or anything else relating to encoding to no avail.

Has anybody seen this or have any ideas?

I have the following modules loaded:

LoadModule headers_module lib/httpd/mod_headers.so
LoadModule ssl_module lib/httpd/mod_ssl.so
LoadModule authz_host_module lib/httpd/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module lib/httpd/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule authn_file_module lib/httpd/mod_authn_file.so
LoadModule alias_module lib/httpd/mod_alias.so
LoadModule authz_user_module lib/httpd/mod_authz_user.so
LoadModule userdir_module lib/httpd/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule dir_module lib/httpd/mod_dir.so
LoadModule mime_module lib/httpd/mod_mime.so
LoadModule log_config_module lib/httpd/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule setenvif_module lib/httpd/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule autoindex_module lib/httpd/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule negotiation_module lib/httpd/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule rewrite_module lib/httpd/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule cgid_module lib/httpd/mod_cgid.so
LoadModule access_compat_module lib/httpd/mod_access_compat.so
LoadModule authn_core_module lib/httpd/mod_authn_core.so
LoadModule authz_core_module lib/httpd/mod_authz_core.so
LoadModule mpm_event_module lib/httpd/mod_mpm_event.so
LoadModule unixd_module lib/httpd/mod_unixd.so
LoadModule socache_dbm_module lib/httpd/mod_socache_dbm.so

I have

    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

for all directories, and I'm including httpd-autoindex.conf from the
distribution.

-Jan