httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <ste...@eissing.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and SPDY
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:51:15 GMT
SPDY has been superceeded by HTTP/2 as a protocol. Some browsers still support SPDY, however
it will int the mid-term go away.

All major browsers nowadays support HTTP/2. That should make it a safer investment.

Apache httpd will support HTTP/2 in one of the next 2.4.x releases - hopefully the next one.
An experimental setup can be had at https://github.com/icing/mod_h2

Apache will then support HTTP/2 over TLS and in the clear. All browsers do this only via TLS.

> Am 16.09.2015 um 17:35 schrieb Rose, John B <jbrose@utk.edu>:
>
> We have some Apache 2.2 and 2.4 web servers
>
> We are determining if we should pursue setting up SPDY on our Apache 2.2 and 2.4 web
servers.

> At one time I thought SPDY only worked over https with limited browsers, but additional
reading looks like that is not true.